As promised, after an incredible vacation at Super Nintendo World in Universal Studios Hollywood, where we rode the Bowser ride twice and played Browser Jr's game twice, I'm here to share some tips on planning your visit:
– Score discount tickets from authorized sellers to save money on your admission to Universal Studios Hollywood. I highly recommend reaching out to Uriel Martinez Jr., a responsive and local travel advisor local travel advisor from UriEvas Immersive Travel an affiliate of Nicks Easy Travel LLC. Best of all, his services are completely free! You can contact him at (915) 209-9278
– Plan your transportation ahead of time. Whether you choose to drive, take public transit (the Park and Ride option is fantastic if you're a local), or use a hotel shuttle service, it's important to consider your options. Personally, I highly recommend splurging on Preferred parking. It's conveniently located at the entrance, saving you from navigating through crowded areas at night. If you're lucky, you might even find Preferred and Front of the Line parking available in the same spot, like we did. By choosing Preferred Parking, we saved $20 compared to Front Gate Parking.
Here are the daily parking fees per vehicle:
– General Parking Before 5pm: $30
– General Parking After 5pm: $10
– Preferred Parking Before 5pm: $50
– Preferred Parking After 5pm: $20
– Front Gate Parking: $70
– Check if your kiddos meet the height requirements for the attractions. For Mario Kart: Bowser's Challenge, to ride the thrilling adventure, you must be at least 40 inches (102 cm) tall. Riders between 40-48 inches (122 cm) need a supervising companion aged 14 or older to join in on the excitement! Here's a look at the ride for Bowser's Challenge, it's a must do.
– Get your hands on a Super Nintendo World Early Access Ticket. For just $20, you can enter Super Nintendo World one hour before the park opens, giving you a head start on the fun.
– Make sure to download the Universal Studios app. This powerful app allows you to access virtual queues, dining return times, Power-Up Band features, and more. Not only does it enhance your experience in the land, but it also keeps track of your scores. My son even managed to rank #150 in all of Nintendo World on his first visit. Plus, the app makes it a breeze to order food online.
– Don't forget to grab a Power-Up Band. These nifty accessories allow you to interact with the land, collect coins, play games, and unlock achievements. You can purchase one at the Super Nintendo World entrance or online for $40. The best part? These bands work at ALL Universal Parks, so we're already planning to visit Universal Studios Orlando Nintendo World when it opens in 2025, featuring the exciting new Donkey Kong ride. And guess what? The Power-Up Band also functions as an Amiibo on the Nintendo Switch.
– Make a reservation at Toadstool Cafe to ensure a memorable dining experience, which is the main restaurant in Super Nintendo World. You can do this through the app or at a kiosk outside the land. Trust me, it's a popular spot, so if you have early entrance, I recommend getting in line early. If you miss the initial opportunity, you can try again around 3-4pm. Keep in mind that reservations might be limited, as they aim to maintain a pleasant dining environment. Inside the cafe, you'll be immersed in a fantastic setting with screens on the sides and top. Every 20 minutes, you'll witness Bowser launching an attack on the castle, creating an interactive and awe-inspiring atmosphere. While waiting, make sure to try the delicious mushroom soup, served in a souvenir bowl. It's delightful! However, be warned that the desserts might be too sweet for some tastes. If you're inside the Toadstool Cafe, take advantage of the air conditioning and grab as many souvenirs as you can, as the lines outside can be quite long. You'll have a comfortable environment to wait for your food anyway.
– One of my favorite souvenirs is the Super Star popcorn bucket. Shaped like a shiny yellow star with eyes, the detachable face lights up and even comes with free refills of popcorn throughout the day. The bucket costs $39.99 plus tax, and they'll provide a separate bag of popcorn when you refill it, so there's no need to worry about making a mess.
– Another popular choice is the Super Mushroom sipper. This sipper resembles a red mushroom with white spots and eyes. It costs $20 plus tax and comes with a drink of your choice. While refills are available for $1.50 each, I recommend avoiding refilling it while walking around as it may leak due to the lack of separate cups.
– If you're looking for more sipper options, consider the 1-Up sipper. This green mushroom sipper with white spots and eyes costs $20 plus tax and offers a drink of your choice. Like the Super Mushroom sipper, it's refillable for $1.50.
– For a unique and tasty treat, try the soup in a souvenir Mushroom bowl. You can choose between tomato basil or mushroom soup. Keep in mind that the soup can only be ordered with the souvenir bowl, making it a slightly pricier option at $19.99 plus tax. Inside the souvenir bowl, you'll find a small tin bowl that's easy to clean. The soup itself is delicious, and the mushroom crackers that accompany it are absolutely adorable. You can purchase the soup and bowl at the Toadstool Cafe.
– As you explore the land, keep an eye out for hidden surprises, secrets, and Easter eggs. You can use your Power-Up Band to activate them or simply revel in the immersive theming and attention to detail. But don't forget to visit the bathrooms too! The women's bathroom, in particular, offers an underwater world experience and the entire land is filled with cool mini-games. And the best part? You can even participate in the secret Bowser Jr's challenge. My son absolutely loved it, and so did we! With each Power-Up Band, you can bring two additional people, so we were able to bring our whole group inside to play.
Meet and Greet the characters Princess Peach, Mario, and Luigi is another exciting experience at Super Nintendo World. Here are some tips to make the most of it:
– Keep an eye out for the meet and greet signs to know when the characters will make their appearances. If you're eager to meet them, don't hesitate to ask a friendly Team Member for more information.
– Be prepared for some excitement and anticipation because meeting Mario and Luigi can be a popular attraction. The lines can get quite long, sometimes stretching up to an hour or more depending on the crowd. To secure your chance, I recommend arriving 15 minutes early and joining the line before they cut it off. On average, the line size is around 15 people, so plan accordingly.
– Get ready to hear the characters come to life! Listen closely as they speak in their signature catch phrases. What's even more amazing is that their mouths and eyes can move, adding a whole new level of expressiveness and realism to the experience.
– Capture the magic of the moment by taking photos with Princess Peach, Mario, and Luigi. Strike a pose and let the fun begin! These beloved characters might surprise you with playful gestures and movements, making your photos even more memorable.
Meeting these Nintendo legends is an absolute must-do at Super Nintendo World. It's an opportunity to immerse yourself in their world and create enchanting memories that will last a lifetime. So make sure to include the meet and greet experience in your plans and get ready to embrace the magic of Super Nintendo World!
– When you need a break from the adventures, head over to the 1-Up Factory for some fantastic shopping opportunities. Just a word of advice: souvenirs sell out quickly, so if you see something you like, grab it before it disappears. I made the mistake of hesitating with a hat for my son, and it sold out right before my eyes.
Here are some of the souvenirs you can find at the 1-Up Factory:
– Plushies of Mario, Luigi, Princess Peach, Yoshi, Bowser, and other Nintendo characters. They come in different sizes and prices, ranging from $20 to $60.
– T-shirts and hoodies featuring Nintendo characters and logos, such as Mario Kart, Super Nintendo World, Player 1 and Player 2, and more. Depending on the style and size, they cost between $25 and $60.
– Hats and gloves resembling Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, Goomba, and other Nintendo characters. They range in price from $24 to $32.
– Socks with Nintendo characters and patterns. They are priced between $15 and $17.
– Drawstring backpacks with Nintendo characters and logos.
– Mugs and tumblers with Nintendo designs, such as 8-bit Mario, Super Mario Bros. cartridge, underground level, and more, range from $18 to $22.
– ? Block light that lights up when pressed can be purchased for $40.
– Pin sets with Mario Kart characters and logos are priced at $19 each.
– Belt bag with Mario's face on it is available for $28.
– I also spotted a Bowser backpack, which looked super cool with spikes and heavy padding. It costs $99, which is a bit pricey but definitely worth considering if you can splurge.
You can check out the Feature Presentation store in the park or the Universal Studios Store in CityWalk Hollywood to buy these items, including those from the 1-Up Factory.
I hope these tips help you plan a great trip to Super Nintendo World. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask Uriel Martinez Jr, a travel advisor from UriEvas Immersive Travel an affiliate of Nicks Easy Travel LLC. You can contact him at (915) 209-9278