- This event has passed.
Experiencing the Bosque: A Performance
November 5, 2022 @ 11:00 am - 5:00 pmFree
Shows at 11am and 3pm. Free and Open to the Public.
Experiencing the Bosque is a multigenerational project radically integrating community organizing, art-making and environmental stewardship through the activity of creating performances together. Grounded on embodied practices that reconnect us to land and what Robin Wall Kimmerer calls “more-than-human nature,” this project is a deep investigation of the Rio Bosque Wetlands Park—a 372-acre ecological restoration project of the Rio Grande/Rio Bravo valley ecosystem on the U.S.-Mexico border.
Growing from a collaboration between the Rubin Center for the Visual Arts and the Center for Environmental Resource Management (CERM) at The University of Texas at El Paso, ETB is a multi-year intervention that, through public events, brings people together to create and grow as we reconnect to and learn about the Rio Grande/Rio Bravo valley environment.
From September 2021 through August 2022 we offered artist-led public workshops and other targeted engagements with schools and community organizations, involving more than 300 people. We guided participants in making songs, dances, sculptures, poems, and drawings as they reflected on the Rio, the availability of water, and how our relationships with the ecosystems around us significantly impact quality and abundance of life.
Rio Bosque Wetlands Park, 10716 Socorro Rd, El Paso, TX 79927. Driving Directions.
- Please note that parking is limited. We highly recommend carpooling with friends or riding our free bus (information below).
- Not all mapping applications give accurate directions to the Park, note that current access is only through Leeve Rd. Before you leave, double check the driving directions link above.
- Performance is ADA accessible. Everyone is welcome!
- Bring water with you to stay hydrated as you will be moving through the Park trails.
Free transportation will be offered to and from UTEP for both shows. The bus will leave from Parking lot DA1, right in front of the Rubin Center for the Visual Arts (first come first serve basis).
- For Morning Performance
Departure time from UTEP: 10:15 am
Approximate return time: 1:45 pm
- For Afternoon Performance
Departure time from UTEP: 2:15 pm
Approximate return time: 5:45 pm